Monday, March 30, 2009

When I'm Next To George, I Feel Lucky

Last Friday, I got to see one of my very FAVORITE performers in Stroudsburg. Who could possess such utter groovaliciousness to impress me that much? Why, the king of the reggae vibe at Front Row, of course --- George Wesley.
Wesley made his round to Front Row, making that the umpteenth time he has played there. He usually comes around about once a month to soothe bar-goers with sweet island sounds and warm, friendly vibes.
One of the cool things about George Wesley and his band are the all encompassing, strangely unique sounds that are incorporated into the music. Wesley has a synthesizer onstage, which he hooks up to his guitar, and then he is able to take on the sound of any kind of instrument right from the guitar. You might think you're seeing him play a guitar, but the sound coming out of the instrument is steel drums!
Wesley has help from his band, which includes his beautiful fiance Annette, who takes charge of the percussion by playing different kinds of instruments, like the bongos and even a small gong.
Most of Wesley's songs are originals, but some are covers. On Friday, he played a stellar cover of Eddy Grant's "Electric Avenue." However, I must admit that my favorite songs are his originals, like "When I'm Next to You, I Feel Lucky." His lyrics boast love and friendship while the music relaxes your body with its reggae beat. I always find myself dancing the night away whenever I go see Wesley play!
To read a full, five star review of George Wesley's newest album, "Hold On," click here.
If you want to check George Wesley out, and I strongly suggest that you do, you can view his myspace page or go directly to his website.
One last hook --- Wesley's dreads are incredible. Come on...at least go to check out his hair!

No comments:

Post a Comment